In the High Peaks
















Thursday, July 25, 2013

7 Days Since My Last Post! What Am I Doing? Thinking?

We've had a number of days in the past week with lower temperatures and humidity. On those days, outdoors-starved Adirondackers, who have not moved awaye or moved here because of the outdoors, experience near-manic highs because the world is so beautiful.

You mean we can now hike, paddle, climb mountains, study plants and trees, and visit a lake? It's been weeks since we could do this without melting! My botanical friends and I go crazy, outdoors all day, trying to catch up to look for those rare orchids and other plants.

Last night the low temperature was 42 degrees. This is after weeks of low nighttime temps of 65-72 degrees! Everyone has been able to sleep again, feels rejuvenated, but there is no time for reading, except for the very few minutes at bedtime before exhaustion swamps me. Now how's that for a "I haven't been reading much" excuse?

Not doing any writing neither. Double negatives are well suited to these conditions.

I hope I get some reading time this coming weekend! Tomorrow, Friday, I'm on a hiking expedition to the south.




6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfectly good excuse to me... the weather has been absolutely glorious. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn,
      The weather is turning less humid again today. Enjoy your beautiful lake and your books!

      Judith

      Delete
  2. Sounds wonderful, Judith. You enjoy yourself while you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I will, Sarah. We're heading into our best time of the year to be in the outdoors, all with the hope that all the deer flies and mosquitos will calm down a bit so we can relax.

      Judith

      Delete
  3. Sounds wonderful up there to hike and enjoy nature.

    NYC has been nice for the last few days, after everyone burrowed in their apartments and offices in air-conditioning.

    I read a lot because I couldn't crawl out of the air-conditioning even to be at the computer.

    Sounds like an ode to nature is in order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      I hope you'll soon experience much, much cooler temperatures and at least be able to get out to enjoy the NYC Parks, Central Park being my favorite.

      Judith

      Delete